24 November 2012

Prometheus (2012)
Film 67/50

mmm...prosthetic abs.

Three guesses as to what my favorite part of this movie was.

Wrapping up my marathon review writing session this morning brings us to Prometheus. I have wanted to see this movie since the previews first aired ages ago. But then I heard horrible, horrible reviews of it. And so I chose to wait and watch it at home. I have no regrets about that, but I don't think I would have been entirely unhappy seeing it on the big screen either.

Yes, it's a bit predictable. True, I hate it when actors I cherish get covered in prosthetics and make up making them completely unrecognizable as the eye-candy I know and love (yes, I'm talking about Guy Pearce, and no, I do not forgive you, Ridley). But the visual effects were cool. And it did have a pretty sweet cast (you had me at Michael Fassbender and Idris Elba). And the engineers had amazing abs. So, all in all, the film squeaks by in my book.

So Prometheus 2. As long as the abmasters and Fassbender are in it, sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment