20 June 2012

Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
Film 39/50

montage of movie still abs...yummy

The only thing more impressive than Chris Evans' abs in this movie are his pecs.

Seriously. Were those CGI? If so, they were FAR more convincing than the hack job done stitching Evans' head to a 90 pound body. I'm pretty sure his head appeared at least three different sizes in comparison to his torso/surroundings in the car ride to Brooklyn scene alone.

But honestly, I enjoyed this film for what it was: an introduction to Captain America and a set up for The Avengers. And now that I've finally managed the living room screenings of both Captain America: The First Avenger and Thor, I feel properly prepared to see The Avengers in the theatre.

I'm not going to go into a scene-by-scene breakdown with this film, but I will give you a list of my likes and dislikes before I sign off on this post:
WHAT I LIKED ABOUT THIS MOVIE:
Skinny Steve Rogers (He's smart, he's passionate, and he'd throw himself on a live grenade if he thought it would better your chances of surviving the explosion.); Ripped Steve Rogers (No explanation needed, I trust.); Tommy Lee Jones (You got old! But I still love you and your leather face.); Agent Schmidt (Oh Hugo Weaving...and I was worried that I'd have to hate you because you were a Nazi); and Stanley Tucci (Put you in any movie, and I will see it. Really.)

WHAT I DISLIKED ABOUT THIS MOVIE:
The producers felt the need to clothe Chris Evans for most of it.
Oh, and I wasn't really a fan of the last line. It just wasn't the right note to end the film on...even with the teaser trailer for The Avengers tacked on after the credits.

Look for a review of The Avengers, coming soon.

5 comments:

  1. Eh, don't find him that attractive and don't like the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. usually, chris evans doesn't "do it for me" either...but you can't deny those muscles are impressive.

      Delete
    2. I couldn't agree more.

      Delete
  2. He has man boobs. EW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did someone mention Chris Evan's abs? I’m really anxious to see this movie; I had a chat with a friend and colleague from Dish, who said it's a mandatory movie experience. I’m a Spider-Man, X-Men fan, so I don’t know a lot about the non-caped crusader. What impresses me is the fact that the WWII superhero is a patriot, and a muscular gentleman. When I found out that Hugo Weaving is playing the villain, I had all the ammunition I needed to make up my mind. Luckily, with the “The Winter Soldier” coming out I’m excited to see” The Last Avenger” using Dish Online. I travel frequently, so having online access is super helpful. Another great character trait carried by Captain America, is honor; this makes CA a class a superhero to me.

    ReplyDelete