11 August 2012

The Artist (2011)
Film 52/50

movie still of jean dujardin doing his best macaulay culkin impersonation

I have now seen all of the 2012 Academy Award nominated films with the exception of War Horse and Midnight in Paris. Yaaaay me.

You know what would have made this movie better? If it had been filmed in 3-D.

Actually, the way Jean Dujardin's character feels about "the talkies" is the way I feel about 3-D movies. Except I don't have nightmares about 3-D movies. Nor make a living in the film industry.

I'm not going to go into detail with this review. The movie is cute. The acting is phenomenal. Was it my favorite of last year's Oscar nominees? Sure. Would I watch it again? Eh. It felt a bit like someone taking an hour and half to get to a single punchline. And the punchline was predictable.


No comments:

Post a Comment