20 July 2012

Sucker Punch (2011)
Film 49/50

movie still where emily browning wears the most clothing out of all her scenes

Guess which one is about to get sucker punched? That's right...the viewer.

Okay. Usually when a movie is this bad, I go to town dissecting it scene by scene. But I really have no interest in doing that with this one. The characters are one-dimensional. The plot is superficial. The only thing going for it is that it has the look and feel of Watchmen, but that film had far superior characters and story.

I won't lie. I didn't do much research into this film prior to turning on my television last night. I recall seeing the trailers for it way back when and thinking, "Okay. I'll probably see that eventually." I then promptly forgot all about this movie.

Let's hope I can completely forget about it again now that I've seen it.

The one detail I simply cannot get past though...how the hell did Jon Hamm get cast for this movie?! Seriously! I had no idea he was in this movie until he was revealed, and I was sucker punched! Figuratively speaking, of course. If anything is going to make it difficult to forget this piece of misogynistic filmmaking, it's the fact that I now associate Hamm with this movie.

La la la la la la la. Mad Men's Don Draper. La la la la la la la. Dr. Drew Baird on 30 Rock. La la la la la la la. Young Pilot #2 in Space Cowboys.

I really should be reading more books.

No comments:

Post a Comment